Monday, September 21, 2009

Week3 - Blog Posting #6 Communities of Practice

I recently had an incredible experience. I went to my Facebook page and there was a video of my late mother who had pasted away on November 1, 1994 she was only 72 years young. I had not until Saturday evening heard her voice or seen her in action. I was brought to tears. My cousin from Los Angeles shared this little video ( she is digitizing all her footage) with me and my sister. The cool thing is my whole family is on Facebook and every week it seems like a new member is popping up. The reason you may ask is why am I sharing this with you. It is because the power of digital networking is incredible. It can be your family tree in a digital ever changing in real time world. What a community it brings...

My project is about One Laptop Per child OLPC I have befriended Nichloas Negropointe MIT founder of OLPC on facebook. I am sharing with him what I am proposing and awaiting his feed back. I have actively joined OLPC and OLPC Ethiopia. I am in the process of sending them questions for my project. My project has to do with the community of OLPC children/students They have the ability to Mesh meaning communicate within a small circle and larger global circles. I want to create their voice in a digital storytelling format. I want to get a more in depth insite to how the laptop has changed them, their families and the communities.


No comments:

Post a Comment